Will a Chatbot Help My Small Business?
You may be surprised to learn that chatbots have been around for more than 50 years! But only in the last decade or so have companies figured out how to implement them to support sales, invoicing and customer service.
If you have a small business, you may think that chatbot technology is only practical for big business budgets and high customer volume. But a recent study by Oracle found that 80% of SMBs plan to use chatbots by 2020.
So, what exactly is a chatbot and how is this technology being implemented by businesses like yours?
Chatbots are used in live online chat, email, apps and text messaging. Typically chatbots also interface with common messaging platforms like Slack, Facebook Messenger, and with CRM platforms to facilitate lead capture and build customer data records.
What are the key benefits of chatbots for your business?
- 24/7 customer service
- Instant handling of routine inquiries
- Free up customer support staff for complex issues
- Consistent customer service support
- Meet consumer expectations and preferences
- Gather additional data from prospects and customers
How do I get started with chatbots?
The first step is to determine how you can make the biggest impact with chatbots. Take a close look at your customer service, lead generation, and sales process to find some low-hanging fruit where chatbots can make a real difference:
- Customer inquiry routing – a chatbot can ask a few simple questions to get your customers to the right sales or service staff
- Offer solutions to common support inquiries with a chatbot that searches your knowledgebase
- Simplify product ordering with a chatbot that moves customers through the process step-by-step
- Offer “personal shopper” assistance by using a chatbot that asks key questions to help customers find the right product
- Integrate payment solutions into your chatbot to encourage sales
- Increase social media engagement by integrating a chatbot into your most used platforms
There are a wide variety of chatbot technologies available. Be sure you select one that integrates with your CRM so you can take maximum advantage of the customer service and data enhancement possibilities.
Give us a call to learn more about how chatbots can improve your business and your customer’s experiences for the better.