QuoteWerks Support for Act! Being Discontinued (v2009 & Earlier)
The QuoteWerks development team is making some exciting updates to add a lot of new functionality that the QuoteWerks and Act! user community have been asking for.
Some highlights of the coming changes to the QuoteWerks / Act! Integration:
- Ability to link to an existing opportunity
- Option to have attachments and activities linked to the opportunity rather than contact
- Bi-Directional Datalink on the opportunity items
- Bi-Directional Datalink on the opportunity header
- Ability to name an opportunity whatever you want
- Store the IDs of the opportunity, attachment, etc. with the document (Document Headers Table) rather than finding the ACT! entities by the description/reference
- Ability to specify the ACT! Database File rather than just by running instance
In order to make all of these new changes, they must discontinue support for older versions of Act!.
While QuoteWerks has typically supported 15 years of Act! versions, they must now limit that support. They will no longer support Act! versions that are over 8 years old.
QuoteWerks will be removing integrations to the following Act! versions:
- Act! 2005 / ACT! by Sage 2005 (7.x)
- Act! 2006 / ACT! by Sage 2006 (8.x)
- Act! 2007 / ACT! by Sage 2007 (9.x)
- Act! 2008 / ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.x)
- Act! 2009 / ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.x)
The QuoteWerks / Act! integration will also no longer be able to retrieve the currently displayed contact in ACT! and instead you will need to search for the contact.
If you’d like to learn more about QuoteWerks and how it can improve your sales quoting and proposal processe, click here. Or call 866-880- 4228 to start a conversation with one of our CRM experts.