Important Notice for Act! Customers - Windows Support Ending for Older Products
As of January 14, 2020, Microsoft will end it's support for many of their older product versions such as:
- MS Windows 7
- MS Server 2008
- MS SQL 2008
What does this mean for you?
Microsoft Support will no longer offer:
- Technical Support for Issues
- Software Upates
- Security Updates or Fixes
Your machines running old versions may:
- Have higher risk for security or malware
- At risk of becoming incompatible with other software
What actions do you recommend?
- Windows 7 should be upgraded to Windows 10
- Windows Server 2008 should be upgraded to Windows Server 2012 (or higher)
- SQL 2008 should be upgraded to SQL 2014
Which Act! Versions are compatible with the actions above?
- Act! v18+ are certified to support Windows 10
- Act! v17+ are certified to support SQL 2014
- Act! 2013+ are certified to support Windows Server 2012
- Act! v22+ are not certified to support Windows 7
- An operating system update may require an Act! reinstallation.
- On servers or machines hosting the main Act! database, always backup your Act! database before making any system changes. (File > Backup > Database).
How do I verify my version of SQL?
- Inside of Act!, go to Help > About Act!
- On the pop-up window, select "Database Information"
- On the following window, scroll to "Database Product"