At any point in time, there are Act! users on any number of the 18 versions that have been released. Act! v18 is the current version, all other versions are legacy. In the legacy category, there are supported and unsupported versions. As an Act! user, it’s important for you to be aware of Swiftpage’s (Act!’s developer) Upgrade Pricing and Obsolescence policies and their impact on you. Currently Act! is selling and supporting Act! v18, v17 and v16. Versions v17 and v16 would be considered supported legacy versions. Both versions are scheduled for obsolescence.
Act! Obsolescence Policies & Why It’s Important to Upgrade
Act!’s obsolescence policies are made up of two sections, upgrade pricing and technical support:
Swiftpage’s Upgrade Pricing Eligibility Policy: Entitles customers with specific recent releases to preferred pricing to upgrade their version and move to an Act! subscription. It’s important to note that this preferred pricing is for life, providing subscriptions are maintained. This can lead to substantial savings over time. For more information visit here.
Swiftpage Support Obsolescence Policy: Swiftpage only provides support to users of the current release and specific recent releases of Act!. For more information click here.
Why It’s Important To Upgrade:
- Cost: Allow your upgrade pricing window to expire will cost you hundreds more for each Act! license initially and much more in the long run.
- No Support for Your Act! Database: No support means no support should anything significant happen to your valuable Act! data.
- No Additional Licenses: When your Act! version is unsupported, you cannot get additional licenses for your team. Remember, all Act! users must be on the same version.
- Lost Compatibility: Staying with an unsupported product puts you at risk for losing support for MS Server, Windows and Office upgrades that aren’t compatible.
- Lose Out on New Act! Functionality: Every Act! version includes many new and improved functions that provide opportunities to increase the return from Act! within your organization.
Ready for the next step? Contact Us